When can I have visitors?
Usually at any time however there may be individual plans in place in relation to your loved one that we would discuss and agree on assessment.
What do I do if I’m not happy?
Staff are available 24/7 in all of our services if the Home Manager isn’t around one of the staff will be happy to help or arrange for you to talk with a member of the senior team.
We have a complaints policy that is available in narrative, pictorial and audio formats. Any member of staff can give you advice.
Can we bring our own television?
Absolutely! We encourage people to personalise their rooms as they wish. We encourage to bring in your own furniture, personal items and electrical equipment. We want you to take ownership of your room.
Can I bring my cat?
We welcome most pets however we will have to discuss this with you so that we can ensure that we can support you to look after your pet properly. Arrangements with pets are assessed on an individual basis.
Can I still meet up with my friends?
Of course! Our staff will support you to maintain your friendships and social arrangements throughout your stay.
Some Questions & Points to Consider
- Are family and friends close by?
- Is there enough to do in the local area?
- Are there local colleges nearby?
- Can you get a bus, tram or train easily?
- Is it easy for visitors to find?
Service facilities and appearance
- Is there a garden area?
- Is there space to relax on your own and with other service users?
- Are the grounds and the building looked after?
- Is it clean and tidy inside?
- Does the service have internet access?
- Does the service feel welcoming and homely?
- Is the service accessible for wheelchair users?
- How can you be part of the local community?
- Does the service provide care that is tailored to each person?
- How does the service help you to become more independent?
- How many staff work there in the day and at night?
- Are there extra staff if you need extra support?
- What sort of training do staff have?
- Are the staff warm and friendly?
- Do the staff treat you as an individual and respect your wishes?
- Can visitors visit at any time or do they need to make an appointment?
- Is there parking available for visitors?
Day to day life
- Can you make your own meals?
- Can service users go to bed and get up at a time they choose?
- Is there somewhere you can use the telephone?
- Can service users help with the day-to-day running of the household?
- Can you have pets at the service?
- How often can you go out into the community?
- Will you be able to go on a holiday?
- Are there opportunities for service users to develop new skills and/or take part in community based projects?
If you have any questions whatsoever or would like to talk to one of our experienced Managers, pease do not hesitate to Contact Us with your query.